Hey hey hey (prawn) fishing day
Just came back from hee hee hee (prawn) fishing with some of my collegues. The pond is located at taman jurong. Never had any experience on it before but when I was young I use to go out into the sea with my dad and his frens on a boat to fish. Most of the time it will be me that my dad will bring along so one day I ask my dad "how come you seldom bring jie jie along" guess wat was his reply ?
"Char bo go out into the sea on the boat fishing very ma huan one wait if they urgent want to go toilet very hard" then I steal laff abit and off I go to another fishing trip.
Ok back to today's event.
1745 on the dot the few of us kin kin pew lang from the office liao went for dinner first at BP kopitiam. After the dinner we hop into a cab (the taxi uncle damn chee zark sial watever my collegues and are I toking he sure will chap jit chui md -_-") and went straight to our targetted location.
1930 we reached the place. Not too bad the area was quite cooling and quiet not much ppl there yet maybe coz it was raining sometime ago. After setting down mai tu liao we go to the booth to pay up for renting the rods the price is 1 hr for $13 and 3 hrs for $26 (buy 2 hrs get 1 hr free) so we rented 2 rods for 3 hrs. One of the rod has a much smaller hook then the other rod we got. Just beside the booth was fridge where the bait is HUM...... and then my head was playing the mai hum song liao lol.
Opened up the hums liao use the penknife they sponser (not those ex kind its those cheapo at stationary shop 10cent per piece kind but as long as it serve its purpose who hue lan) to cut bits and pieces of the hum and attach it to the hook. Luckily I still remember some tips from my yonger fishing days on how to attach the bait if not wait the bait tio tok finish we oso liak boh hey.
Once everything is done mai tu liao time to give it a go for my first time in hey hey hey fishing. Lowered down the bait into the pond and watch the float got kena pull down by the prawn liao. Moments later (can't rememeber how long liao) I saw my float kena tua lok ki liao and my first battle with the hey hey hey has started. According to my collegue who had experience in prawn fishing she mention that I can't just pull the rod up and expect the prawn to be there, I must pull it up slowly and when I feel that its been hook just pull it up all the way.

Following her advise I caught my first prawn ^^V the battle with it is so satisfying the feeling is like you are out in the open sea and fighting to reel in a sailfish so fun..... if you are saying NPNT then here is the pic which my fren took with her handphone.
Over the course of time of coz I had some other hits and so did my frens. The prawns we caught came in all kinds of sizes. As time pass by its was oso very interesting to watch others liak tio hey then you'll thinking is mine bigger or his. (Sue lang mai sue seh eh spirit lol ^_^)
Time is almost up and still me with the big hook can't even manage to get a hey bee nnm (ni na ma) then my frens they all ask me go change the rod with a smaller hook but the sue lang mai sue seh attitude comes in again lol. Confirm plus chop plus garantee die die oso must prove to them the big hook also can tiao tio hey. Finally yellow sky dun pay bitter heart man I got the biggest haul of the day *smirk* that why this pic was taken when I was in despair sitting down before fishing it out. Check up my shack face which still manage a smile after breaking that big hook voodoo.
The biggest haul of the day

Why am I sitting down on the chair ? Now thats where the part of the rod with the big hook and the other with the small hook story comes in. All long the rod with the small hook which I was holding most of the time yield us the bigger portion of the prawn but the rod with the big hook had totally no bites at all (actually got liao the hum alwiz kena kapo by the prawns lor lol). Before that my frens give up on the big hook and passed it over to me and now this is where my patient got paid off hehehe.
When time is up we proceed to setup a small bbq to barbeque the live prawns *drools* but abit suey is coz it was raining earlier so the charcoal provided there is abit damp and we took sometime to get the charcoal hot for the bbq. After quite awhile the charcoal finally gets hot enuff to bbq the prawns and while bbq-ing we sprinkle some salt to the prawns to make it more tasty (first time eaten a bbq prawn with this method and damn was it good).
For the last few remaning prawn we just left it there to be bbq as we were quite tired from the day's excitiment and process with some round of chua Daidee and the penatly for the loser is to get smack on the forehead *ouch* lol but as not to shang gan qing none of us really use alot of strength to punish the loser in the forfeit (wait bi been then hum haiz liao).
Although we did not get that many prawns (totally 11 in all) we had a great fun time doing all the work together especially for me as it was really a wonderful experience hehehe. Will try to get my bloods to go at least once to see if they will enjoy it like I do next time =p
And that concludes the adventure of the day for 3xtr4.
DAMN am I lor soh or wait macham ah pek sial lol


10 Comments:
aiseh... yandao kor kor go heh heh heh =P nice big heh u got there :o
wah nice post. That was some nice prawn that you caught. Reminds me of last time when I go fishing at the fishing pond. Same thing also pay money for hourly basis.
When bringing us there to fish har? :p
You all interested to go :heehee: ?
hehe ok for me as long as it is not far :X
far lei -___-" taman jurong -.-"
maybe find more central area lor.
O_O so how many of yall share 2 rods. do they restrict how many people to one rod?!?!?!
4 ppl nia. 2 diao hey 2 toking mah then tired liao change shift lor if not 4 ppl all diao tgt so sian
lol 4 diao tgt if sian 1/2 way can use the rod for sparring =x
mog go org outing. :X
Post a Comment
<< Home